Monday 20 September 2010

Change is good... embrace it whole heartedly

If you have been or are pregnant you know what i mean by change... the changes we go through as we provide sustenance for the little beings developing in our womb are simply mindboggling. Just when you think it can't get any more dramatic.. life shows you a move and your body metamorphoses even further. I remember when i had my first baby. I couldn't wait for each subsequent stage as i gazed with amazement at my changing profile (side view in the mirror :-) ). When i couldn't see my toes by month 8 i would simply crack up with laughter and request the father of the baby to help me with the shoes. At my present petite size 16, I look at the clothes i fit my self into and wonder how i kept myself from jumping through a window given the rapid increase in girth. You ask how i managed? well i just laughed at life and at myself and basked in the knowledge that come Dday, i would instantaneously drop at least 8 of the many kilos now weighing me down. Oh did i mention how my bones would crack? As in literally squeak and crackle as the hips expanded to make way for the safe passage of my bundle of joy. I could go on and on.
Anyhow so change..... is good. expanding waistlines, change in diet, the painful breasts filled with milk, the loss of weight after you have gotten your hormones back in sync with what your heart desires, the sleepless nights that later turn back to normal. i remember a passage in the bible that says "this too shall pass".
At dear mom we are going through changes as well. From the way we source our maternity to match the changing needs of our clients, the way we reach our clients and the way we locate ourselves physically. We have now set up on the website - www.dearmommaternity.com and we hope that this will enable us reach you with much less stress on your part. Of course due to changes happening everyday, your order may get to you after there have been further changes to your body so we are happy to host you at one of our physical locations- Capital shoppers Nakawa or at Kitintale where you will have the freedom to try on the whole collection if your heart so desires.
Whatever the case, we are happy to walk with you through your changes so please let us change with you.
See you soon and my this journey of changes be blessed every step of the way.
Let me know what the most dramatic change has been in your life from the time you received the news that you were pregnant!

No comments: